A few weeks back I looked back to 2015 and realized that if I wanted to move forward I needed to make some changes. To do that, I needed to make a list of things I want to change and set up a game plan to make them happen. I did this for both my personal as my business life and now it’s time to make them public so I can keep myself accountable 😉
Let’s start with my personal resolutions. There are a few related to my health, to family and a few related to myself in general. Let’s take a look.
- Finally be serious about losing weight. I need to make this happen, I need to lose half of what I weigh at this point. If I want to be around for a long time to come and see my grandkids and great grandkids, it’s time to get this going. The only diet that has worked for me in the past is a low carb high fat lifestyle. So that means a lot of changes. My husband and kids are supportive, so time to make this happen in 2016
- Exercise more. While you could put that with the first one, since it’ll definitely help with that goal, I decided to put that in it’s own resolution. While exercising at this point in my weight might be hard, I’m starting with taking walks every day with the kids. It’s good for them too, due to homeschooling they don’t get that much “play outside” time during winter.
- Connect with family more. Aunts and uncles I haven’t seen in a long time, cousins I want to reconnect with. This year I will get out of my hibernation and get out and connect
- Read more. I love reading, I just don’t find the time to lose myself in a good story anymore. So, a few days ago, when I read about a reading challenge, I figured I would do that one. There are 12 categories, so 12 books to read. That’s one per month, should be easy right? Well, you might be surprised, but I’m in and will do my best.
- Spend less time online when not working. I might get more reading in if I’m not online so much, right? Yeah, I think so too 😉
So those are my personal goals, but I also have some for my business. Let’s see:
- Finish up my passion site. I started a site that is really in my passion (while I love working with WordPress, my real passion is nowhere near anything work related). The idea is to start it off with an affiliate side, but if things go as I want them to go, I will work towards dropshipping and have my own store. The design part is almost done but I’m not finishing up for some reason. Maybe I’m too scared to actually get started. I just need to make the jump and that’s my resolution for this year.
- Add more content to this site. My goal is to work towards 4 articles a month by the end of the year. Not sure if I’ll be able to do it right away, but I need to make the time
- Start 4 new Amazon affiliate sites for myself.
- Start a membership site (it’s an idea I’ve had mulling through my head for a few months now, time to make it happen).
So, those are my resolutions for the coming year. Have you thought about what you want to accomplish in 2016 and how you want to reach it? I would love to hear your stories.